Small Business Grant
The Small Business Grant is a key priority of the New South Wales Government.
The grant is designed to encourage the nearly 650,000 small businesses in New South Wales that do not pay payroll tax to hire new employees and expand their business.
The grant amount is $2,000 payable per full time equivalent position as at the anniversary date.
What businesses are eligible?
To be eligible for the grant your business must:
- have an active ABN
- not have a payroll tax liability, during the 12 month employment period of a new person as at 30 June of the financial year.
What employment is eligible?
A business will receive the grant if all the following employment conditions are met:
- A person is employed in a position that is a new job.
- The employment commences on or after 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019.
- The employment is maintained for a period of 12 months.
- Your number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, prior to creating a new position must increase and be maintained over a 12 month period.
- The services of the employee are performed wholly or mainly in NSW.
Deadline to apply:
Applications may be made at any time.
How do I register for the grant?
You are required to register the employment of a person in a position that is a new job and advise us of the number of Full-time Equivalent (FTE) employees immediately before the position was filled.
Registration for the grant can be made:
- by an employer who has an active ABN and is NOT registered for payroll tax
- within 60 days after the employment commences.
Register for the grant via the Small Business Grant online application.
We are also available to answer any questions you may have. Contact your nearest Skybridge office now and arrange an appointment.